Jakarta Template Revisions (August, 2017)
Note that the Release Notes documented by ServiceNow on their Wiki/Docs site should be reviewed in addition to these notes. We have endeavoured to maintain an out-of-box approach in our templates. However, not all processes are automatically loaded into you own instance. For example, to obtain Demand Management, you will need to activate the Financial Management plug-in to get Demand Management too. In our analysis of those Release Notes, we determined that little was changing in the process workflows from the Istanbul version of the processes. However, we did take the opportunity to make minor adjustments to our Navvia templates. Remember that some of these processes need a plug-in activated before you will “see” the process.
These adjustments made from the Istanbul release version of the Navvia templates are outlined here:
- Removed Data Specs for:
- Requested Date - use Planned dates instead
- Requested By Date - use Planned dates instead
- Outages related list added to the Change Request Form.
- Sends notifications to the requester when a change is approved and scheduled, when work has begun, and when work has been completed.
- Sends notifications to the requester when a change request is put on hold or removed from on hold.
- Displays a report showing the list of planned outages, so that decisions about scheduling change requests can be made accordingly.
- Reorganized the Change form to better reflect the needs of a change manager or requester.
- Added the Task SLA related list. See Service Level Management (SLA’s) about SLA timelines.
- Added the Requested by field to the Change Request list view.
- Added Planned start date, Planned end date, and Type fields to the Change Task form.
- Updated the mandatory and restricted Change Request properties for standard Change templates.
- Made Work notes mandatory when a change request is canceled.
- Added new state values: Pending, New, Work in Progress, Closed, and Canceled to the Change Task form.
- Notes have been added to the Standard Change functionality to document requesting a standard change from the service catalog.
- Notes have been added to the Authorize Change task about the CAB Workbench functionality.
- Makes the Work notes field mandatory when there is a change in the incident priority, so that incident managers can more easily track what caused a change in priority.
- Added the Request related list, so that you can more easily track a request opened from an incident.
- Added the Parent Incident field to the related forms section, so that your users can see which incidents have parent records.
- Changed the field labels Close code and Close Notes to Resolution code and Resolution notes.
- Updated the On Hold choice list to include Awaiting Caller, Awaiting Change, Awaiting Problem, and Awaiting Vendor. If Awaiting Caller is selected, it is mandatory to enter additional comments.
- See Service Level Management (SLA’s) about SLA timelines.
- Makes the Work notes field mandatory when there is a change in the problem priority, so that problem managers can more easily track what caused a change in priority.
- Added the Major Problem check box and the Review Outcome field to facilitate the management and documentation of major problem reviews.
- Added the report Incident Trend by Configuration Item, so problem managers can view incident trends by service or configuration item (CI) over time to determine potential problems.
- Makes the Priority field read-only. This field is set based on the impact and urgency of the problem.
- Added the fields Business service, Impact, Urgency, Closed, and Closed by.
- Hides the Known error field on the Problem form and the Known error flag is set to true when the problem is set to the state Known Error.
- Renamed Close Notes to Resolve Notes enabling problem owners to resolve and communicate updates to child incidents when a resolution has been identified. Your users can review and confirm the resolution.
- See Service Level Management (SLA’s) about SLA timelines.
Release and Deployment Management:
- Labels on the Service-Now forms referred to DSL (definitive software library) and have now been relabelled to DML (definitive media library). Navvia has always referred to this as a DML, so no changes have been made in this process definition.
- A Definitive Media Library (DML) record has been added to Navvia inputs for this process and references to the rm_release table have been added.
- A number generated for the former DSL table is appended with DML instead of DSL.
Request Fulfillment/Service Catalog Management:
- Added an attachment to the process on called “Guidance on the Development of Request Models”; in support for creating Request Models.
- Added data of Special Instructions - on the request form.
- Added “Supporting Info” Note to Create/Submit Knowledge task about article versioning.
- Added “Supporting Info” Note to View Existing Article task about subscribing to articles.
- Added “Supporting Info” Note to View Existing Article task about using the Service Portal to view articles.
Service Level Management (SLA’s):
- Added SLA Timeline as a Metric (report presented as a Gannt Chart - colour coded by stage). Details are provided for each stage (e.g., Time, Pause Duration, Actual elapsed time, Actual elapsed percentage, Actual time left, Has Breached (true/false), Breach time (when it occurred). Some features available within the tool:
- Task SLA Details section has been introduced that displays information on stages, task updates, and out-of-schedule for SLA timeline.
- Stepped zoom has been introduced to provide several zoom in or out levels to control SLA timeline zoom resolution.
- An ability to select business elapsed time or business time left has been introduced. The selection is saved into user preferences for display in the SLA timeline.
- Reference picker has been introduced to preview the task selection to be introduced in the SLA timeline.
- Refresh button has been introduced to refresh the SLA timeline with the latest values of the task SLA.
- see ServiceNow release notes for more information about the SLA Timeline.
- Two(2) new roles introduced into the process - SLA Administrator and SLA Manager. These roles are specific to the management of the SLA definitions in the ServiceNow tool.
- The SLA notification and escalation workflow sends notifications when a task reaches a certain percentage of its allotted SLA duration (Warning message).
Service Portfolio Management:
- Added statuses related to the life cycle of Business Services: Ready, Retired, Pipeline, and Catalog.
- Added data element of SLA on the Business Service form - capture the agreement associated with this Business Service, which is related to specific targets for service levels.
- see ServiceNow release notes for more information about the ServiceNow usage for Service Design Package (SDP) in Knowledge, Service Improvement Plan (SIP) in Project Portfolio, and Service Quality Plan (SQP) in Project Portfolio.
IT Asset Management:
- Added to the description: The ServiceNow® Software Asset Management (SAM) application systematically tracks, evaluates, and manages software licenses, compliance, and optimization. You can reclaim unused software rights, purchase new software rights, and manage allocations for entitlements. This application is available with special subscription only - not out of the box.
Service Asset & Configuration Management:
- Some features can only be activated if Admin role (for example, Discovery, Event Management and Service Mapping features).
- For the CMDB Health scorecard (Service view) you have to activate the Event Management and Service Mapping Core plugin to see service scorecard.
- Added Metric (Report) reference for the CMDB Benchmark Dashboard. Added Supporting Details to the metric/report for CMDB Health about relationship health on the CMDB Dashboard. This is specific to the ServiceNow tool and is intended for developers.
- Added references to changes about Identification and Reconciliation to the activity call CI Identification. This is specific to the ServiceNow tool and is intended for developers.
- Note added to the Create / Update Reports task in Status Accounting and Reporting activity about the CMDB Query capability within the tool. This is specific to the ServiceNow tool and is intended for developers.
- Added more description to the Create New CI Type(s) task in the CI Identification activity about orphan CI’s. This is specific to the ServiceNow tool and is intended for developers.
Financial Management for IT Services:
- You can activate the Financial Management (com.snc.financial_management) plugin if you have the admin role.
- ITFM has preconfigured PA dashboards using the plugin, Performance Analytics – Content Pack - Financial Management.
- ITFM integrates with Customer Service Management providing preconfigured Cost Models and PA dashboards using the Performance Analytics – Content Pack – Financial Management for Customer Service plugin.
- ITFM integrates with Field Service Management providing preconfigured Cost Models and PA dashboards using the Performance Analytics – Content Pack – Financial Management for Field Service Management plugin.
- Added Reporting activity to the process to recognize that reporting is a significant factor in Financial Management. There are predefined (“canned”) reports and the capability for generating ad hoc reports using the ServiceNow Financial Management portal.
- Added (development) Notes to Budgeting activity,Gather Plans (Tactical and Stategic) task about improvements to Financial Planning capabilities.
- Added (development) Notes to Reporting activity, Generate Reports task about how to use Showback functions, Diagnostic Tool, etc.Financial portal (catalog) contains:
- Finance Report Request (Request to create new Finance Reports)
- Finance Request (All Finance Reports such as Payroll Inquiry, Request by Period costs, Reconciliations, etc.)
- Procurement (Requests related to all Procurement, Suppliers, etc.)
- Budget (Requests for all Budgeting and Forecasting needs, all Organizational/Department needs)
- Audit (Requests to Generate Financial Statements for audit reporting and compliance)
- Contracts (Review financial terms and conditions for contracts)
- Financial Assistence (Financial assistance for employee Finance activities)
- Miscellaneous (Requests for Travel, Customer Credit Checks, etc.)
- No changes made.
- No changes made.